Search This Blog

Footer 2

Footer 3

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Buyer on eBay wants refund and opened up a case, help!?

I was selling a RoboQuad (a toy robot) and it's minature on eBay. They cost a lot. And I sold it for a good price. Well, a week later I get a message saying the roboquad was worn at the legs and had lots of scraches, and the remote printing was so faded you couldn't even read it! That was totally not true. When I had it, the roboquad had no scratches except two scratches on it's front left leg (which I mentioned in the description). Also the remote words had almost no fading at all. And I could read every word on it clearly. And he said that I mentioned I had bought it 1 1/2 years ago and he called the manufacture and it was made in 2007. Well, in the description I had said "about" 11/2 years ago. Plus, things sit on shelves for years before it is sold. So he said he was sending back to me. I hadn't even agreed to give him a refund. He also made a dispute so I have a week and a half to work it out with him before eBay gets involved. 
Well, I personally think his expectations were too high. In the dispute he said I didn't describe it right. Well, it said in eBay that if "The item was properly described but did not meet the buyers expectations" or "The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition" I have the right to refuse to refund him.
So, what should I do?



Additional Details

See, I don't want to give a refund and I don't want a bad review. But, I'm guessing one of them is gonna happen.

4 comments:

  1. Refuse the refund. Ebay and Paypal will back you up. It sounds like a case of buyers remorse. If he really does send it back... just keep it, and still refuse the refund. He's being a jerk, and he should have read the auction terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. depends if you want to be fair
    if sent back non recorded did you ever receive it back?
    ask for photos of problems and arrange partial refund
    if on way back did they send back the one you posted back to you?
    there is a forum on ebay itself click community and then discussion boards the regs won't like you though

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's up to you. If you want a negative review on your seller page, then tell him to get lost and keep the money.

    It it were me, I'd refund his money, get the robot back, take better pictures of everything, and put it back online. If you sold it once, you can sell it again.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. If you took pictures use those as proof.
    2. Talk to your buyer and try to work things out.
    3. What is your feedback? What is there feedback? Look for patterns.
    4. When yo get the item back take pictures and look at it yourself.
    5. If you are in the wrong give the refund. Nothing annoys buyers more. I've been there.
    6. Give the refund, sell again. avoid the negative feedback or ebay involvement. Negative feedback is very damaging. I had a issue with a item that I sold for a friend that was not as described. I sent refund to person and resold for parts.

    Good Luck
    Source(s):
    ebay seller and buyer.

    ReplyDelete

Suggested Video